Ribs : Each team is asked to have a suggested minimum of 100 pounds of ribs. Ribs must be cooked at the event. You must have a presence in your booth throughout the duration of the event.
Hours : Each booth should be staffed during event hours (10am – 8pm Saturday and 10am to 5 pm Sunday). Security will be provide Saturday evening.
Selling Ribs : Your product should be ready for serving to the public at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Serving will continue until you run out of ribs. The side dishes and beverages served are at the discretion of each rib team.All Rib Teams must sell sample rib plates, 2 ribs for $5. Those not complying will be disqualified.
Alcohol: Alcohol cannot be sold at Ribfest booths.
Concessions: Each team is free to sell barbecue, drinks and sides. All food sold must be in accordance with Tennessee State Health Department laws.
Entertainment : We will have entertainment and games throughout the day ending by 8 p.m. Vendors and teams may clear the street no earlier than 8:00 pm.
Weather : The event will take place regardless of weather. Ribfest Teams may set up at their discretion. Cancellation of the event is up to the judgment of the Ribfest Committee. No Refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
Site Preparation: Site preparation will begin at 4:00 pm on Friday and will end at 7 pm on Sunday. Team booths will be assigned on Thursday by 7:00pm. Teams will be able to bring in their large cookers on Friday night.
Trash : Each team is responsible for providing 2 of their own 50 gallon garbage cans and liners at your booth. The city will have dumpsters conveniently located and available to all teams to dispose of their garbage. Each team should provide hand wipes and toothpicks
Electricity: Because of restricted access to power at Lumberjack Square, no power will be provided to Ribfest Cookers. Please bring your own portable, QUIET generators if power is needed.
Gas & Coals: All hot coals must be placed in the steel barrels near each booth. Each team must provide a UL listed connection for all propane tanks. Propane cooking tanks must be stored in grids at least 10 feet from the cooking area.
Clean-up: All contestants are responsible for keeping their space clean and sanitary and must have their booths deconstructed and removed from Lumberjack Square by 7 p.m. on Sunday . Anything left in the lot after 7 p.m. will be ticketed and towed. A bill will be sent for any garbage we have to pick up from your booth space. Teams not cleaning up the street will not be invited back in 2023. Please arrange for a cleanup crew!!
1. Ribfest attendees will be give 5 tickets for each email address supplied. Email addresses must be valid. Limit 5 tickets per attendee.
2. Tickets will be placed in each vendor’s booth based on the preference of attendee. This is considered a “vote”.
3. Voting begins when Ribfest opens at 10 am on Saturday.
4. Votes will be collected at 3pm on Sunday. Votes will be tallied by the Ribfest Committee. All decisions be the Ribfest Committee are final.
5. Prizes will be awarded for most votes:
a. First Prize: $2000
b. Second Prize: $1500
c. Third Prize: $1000
1. Ribs (beef or pork) meant for sale to the public must have been federally inspected.
2. Proper storage of meat is required. It must be maintained below 40 degrees or above 140 degrees.
3. Your booth should have a free-flowing spigot container of water with an on/off valve and a catch container, hand soap and disposable towels for proper hand washing. A second container with bleach water should be kept for wiping counters, etc.
4. Booths are to be no more than 10×20 feet and must be positioned so that they sit up against the curb off the street. If you require more space for your setup, you’re required to purchase an additional 10×10 space. Please consider the size of your setup, including the size of your trailer, cooker and serving area when registering. You will not be allowed to use the sidewalk behind your booth for storage.
5. Placement of your booth will be determined by the Ribfest Committee. Preference is given to sponsors.
6. Each team will be responsible for any equipment they might need such as table, tent, cover, etc.
7. Teams must provide their own safety inspected (5 lbs minimum) multi-purpose ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher.
8.All teams must be ready for City of Pigeon Forge inspection Friday by 8 pm. Ribfest Committee is not responsible for those vendors not in compliance with City inspection. No refunds will be given for those not in compliance.
The Lumberjack Feud Ribfest Committee reserves the right to disqualify any team not following our rules or anything we feel that is not becoming of the competition.